The Membership: There are over 200 members which include families and seniors. City Gate has a multi-cultural environment with languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, Tagalog, Croatian, Serbian, Romanian, French, Japanese, and English, being spoken.
Location: City Gate Co-op is located two blocks north of Main Street Skytrain station on the southwest corner of Main Street and Milross Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia. map
The Buildings: There are 102 apartments in the two buildings that make up the Co-op. One building is four storeys and wood construction, the other building is seven storeys and concrete.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Heat & hot water: Heat and hot water is included in the housing charge.
- Laundry: There is a communal laundry room. Each unit has a washer and dryer hookup.
- Parking: Underground parking is available. The parking fee is $30.00 per month for the first car and $50.00 per month for a second car. There is a waitlist for a second car.
- Pets: One pet is allowed per unit.
- Green Space: There is a children’s play area and central courtyard.
- Views: Views vary from suite to suite.
- Accessibility: There are six 2-bedroom suites that have been modified for persons with physical disabilities. Each suite meets the space requirement for someone in a wheelchair.
- Amenity Room and Areas: There is a large amenity room with full kitchen, and a multipurpose room on the main floor.